Saturday, March 18, 2017

Slice of Life Day 18 - Lydia's Wedding Part V

This was it!  I couldn't believe my baby girl was getting married and I was the mother of the bride!

Tom had gone down to set up the white chairs, the arch, the generator, the sand table, the signs, the gift table, etc.  People from the Church had met him there to help him.  What a blessing they were.



They told me that I needed to be at the Church at 10:00 because the photographer would be there.  I had to take another tub of punch by there before heading down to Shoal Kirk but when I got there they had already gone down and were waiting for me to help Lydia put on her dress.

I was late, of course, because I had to bring lunch for all the groomsmen and bridesmaids.  I remember that I brought grapes and water and sub sandwiches that I had cut into small sandwiches and I brought the guys the leftover pizza from the day before.  I was frustrated because I needed to have my hip replaced and I had to walk up and down stairs to bring everything in.  It was painful.

We got Lydia ready and then she went for "first look" photos.  We took the rest of the photos with bridesmaids, groomsmen and families, then went back to the lodge to wait for the guests to arrive.  My Mom and Tom's Mom came so we had them come to get pictures with Lydia in the Lodge.  Then we took some more with them with the photographer afterward.



When the time came, I drove the grandmother's down to the wedding site, left my cane in the car and held on to the usher as he seated me.  As I walked down the aisle, I said to myself, "This is it, this is actually happening!   This special moment that we have been preparing for is actually here and I'm going to take it all in and enjoy every moment."

It was a beautiful ceremony.  They shared vows that they had written themselves.  They were so sweet.  They also shared their first kiss!  Lydia had made a commitment to save herself for her husband and even save her first kiss for her husband.   It was so sweet.  I said that already, but it was just precious.

It was also a beautiful day!  I think it rained a little in the morning, but cleared off.  There were some muddy places but we were thankful that we were able to have her dream wedding outside.


And then, they were off to drive to Galveston and get on a cruise the next day.  They had booked a hotel online, but the hotel would not allow them to check in because they were under twenty-one! (Not even with their marriage license!)  So they went to Sonic and ended up sleeping in their car for a bit before they went back and begged the manager to let them stay.  What a story for their grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment