Friday, March 31, 2017

Slice of Life Day 31 - Closure

Today was a day of closure for me.  All of these things are bittersweet.  I'm sad and happy at the same time.

We had the services for our beloved Kevin.  It was so hard to say goodbye.  I regret not taking the time to tell him how much I appreciated him when I had the opportunity.  It was a good service and it brought us who remain closer together as a family, knowing that we all are going to miss him.   We were all touched by his life.

Today was the last day to work with the 2017 Honor Choir students.  We had our last rehearsal and our last performance tonight at the fund raiser.  They did a great job singing the "Star-Spangled Banner."  I was very proud of them.

We had our 2017 fund raiser which is a big deal for our school.  It takes a lot of planning and a lot of people working together to make it a success.

Last but not least, today was the last day of the Slice of Life Challenge.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to know Kevin and work with him.  His death has caused me to reflect on my own life and pray that I can make a difference and touch others like he did.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work with the Honor Choir students.  Again, I pray that I have been a blessing to these twenty students and I am thankful for every one of them.

I am also grateful to have had the opportunity to put my thoughts and feelings into words this month. Blogging and reading the blogs of others has helped me to form stronger relationships with the other slicers.

No comments:

Post a Comment