Friday, March 24, 2017

Slice of Life Day 24 - Spring Break Day 5

Today was another very productive day of Spring Break.  Yesterday, Tom and I weeded our flower beds around half of the house.  This morning we got out and finished weeding around the rest of the house before it started raining.  It was really windy but we didn't think it was so windy that it would knock our tree over, but while we were weeding we heard a big crack, then boom, a tree fell over on our fence on the other side of the yard.


After it started raining, we worked on the front porch and repotted my two peace plants that were given to us when my Dad passed away.  This was something I had on my list of things to do for quite a while.  It was much easier to do with Tom's help.  

I worked in our daughter's room all afternoon, sorting through the things she left behind and cleaning. It is hard to decide what to do with twenty-two years worth of a person's belongings.  I guess this is a part of parenting that I had never thought of.  It is a normal part of life that every parent goes through when their children get married or move away.  I told myself several times not to get emotional and I held it together pretty well I must say.  

We had a delicious meal at Outback Steakhouse tonight.  I always get the salmon, fresh mixed veggies and side salad.  As I said it was delicious.

Once again, it was a great day of Spring Break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment