Sunday, March 26, 2017

Slice of Life Day 26 - Last Day of Spring Break

Today was a beautiful day for an afternoon trip to the Tulsa Ballet with my Choir Club ladies.  We saw Peter Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake.  It was absolutely beautiful.

I loved the live orchestra.  My favorite instrument had to be the harp.  It was so beautiful.  I also loved the cello and the clarinets and the violin solo and . . .

The dancing was amazing.  It was the general consensus of all of us, that the villain, Von Rothbart, was our favorite dancer.  He was the bad guy, but his dancing seemed effortless.  He was fantastic. All of the dancing was beautiful, but he was the best.  

Afterward we drove to the next parking lot so we could pay for more parking at the STG Pizzeria Gelateria.  It was wood fired pizza and Gelato.  It was the best wood fired pizza I have ever had.  All of the ingredients were imported from Italy.  The mozzarella was sweet and delicious.   They had the boot-shape of Italy artistically created on the wall with boom boxes.  It was a unique place to eat.

As we were leaving, we received the call that our beloved Kevin had passed away.  It was so unexpected.  We will miss him dearly.  He was so great with the kids at school.  I always noticed him encouraging the students as they came in during his crosswalk duty.  He always gave them high-fives and told them to have a great day.  One day he came in to the music room while I was teaching, to help me with something and the kids attacked him, surrounding him with hugs all around.  They love him.  When we would need the risers set up for a concert, I would have my "stage crew" help Kevin to put them together.  He was so patient and kind, gently teaching them what to do.  I am sure that Kevin will be our king this year at our fundraiser, only he will get his crown in heaven.  We love you and will miss you Kevin, but are happy for you that you get to see Jesus.  We will be praying for your daughter and your family.


No comments:

Post a Comment