Saturday, March 4, 2017

Slice of Life Day 4 - Pushing Myself Just a Little Further

Yesterday after school (It was Friday!) I stayed to finish my lesson plans, a couple of letters to parents and and to write my blog entry for the day.  Of course I was tired, it was Friday!  I wrote on Wednesday that I had beat my record for the most steps and the most exercise according to my watch which is linked to my health app.

Well, I went home and met my husband and we went and ate dinner at McCallisters.  Then, we went shopping!  We walked around at Lowe's and at a furniture store and at three department stores.  I have to be honest here, I did whine a little about how tired I was and that I didn't know if I could make it any further.  However, my husband was helping me to push myself just a little further and beat my recent record and we did it!  I had a total move reading of 409 out of 300 calories.  I exercised 45 out of 30 minutes, stood 16 out of 12 hours and took 11,453 steps for a total distance of 5.43 miles.   This was 470 steps more than my record I set just Wednesday.

This may seem a little insignificant to others, but it is exciting for me because just eight months ago I had a total hip replacement.  I am so thankful for all of the people who helped me through that phase of my life and I am thankful for every step I can take now without pain.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray on beating your personal best post-hip steps! I look forward to hearing when you hit 20,000!

    ReplyDelete