Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Slice of Life Day 21 - Spring Break Day 2

Staying up later and sleeping in is so easy to do on Spring Break.  Today I had a successful dentist appointment with no cavities.  It is so nice to have clean teeth!  : )  I didn't get to go last summer because of my hip surgery.  Now every time I go for the rest of my life, I have to take an antibiotic.

I got to try Downtown Nutrition in Neosho today.  I have always wanted to try it.  I had a peaches and cream shake.  I would have really liked it but it had sucralose in it and I do not like the aftertaste.  Now I know and can say that I have been there.

I ran a couple of errands in Neosho then on to Joplin for my dermatologist appointment where she took care of several skin issues that come as we get older.  I am really getting tired of all the things that "come as we get older!"  : )  Although it beats the alternative.

I checked at Academy for Nordic walking poles.  They didn't have that brand but they had another brand.  I will look online.  I also looked at protein powders at Suzanne's and at Walgreens.  I bought some samples to try before I buy a huge container of it.

Then I picked up our "Beauty and the Beast" tickets and picked up our baby girl, Lydia.  We went out to eat at the new On the Border restaurant and went to the movie.  We got right in to On the Border which was surprising since they are still pretty new.  The food was pretty blah I'm sorry to say.  We've eaten there in Rogers several times and loved it.  Maybe it is just because I ordered the "Smart" chicken fajitas.

The movie was wonderful.  Lydia and I both loved it.  It was beautiful after the spell was broken.  It was great to get to spend some time with our daughter.

It was another great day of Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment